Culture & Nature
18-day trip enjoying the living Mayan culture and the exuberant Guatemalan nature in an active, adventurous itinerary.
You’ll head directly to the colonial city of Antigua Guatemala. Its picture-perfect cobblestone streets with lots of nice places to eat and a wide variety of activities is the perfect place to start this adventure with an ATV bike tour visiting the villages around Antigua.
Climbing the Acatenango volcano is a once-in-a-lifetime experience with overnight glamping in front of the Fuego volcano.
Lake Atitlán, in the highlands, is one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Besides the spectacular surroundings, you will have the opportunity to witness the living Mayan traditions, and villages full of character on the shore of the lake.
In the natural paradise of Las Verapaces, you’ll visit Finca Sacmoc and Semuc Champey. The greenery and the strong Mayan Q’eqchi identity that can be seen here are just captivating.
Once in the heart of the Mayan world, you’ll discover the ancient cities of Tikal and Yaxhá still hidden in the jungle of the Guatemalan lowlands. Lake Petén Itzá and the colorful island of Flores are also part of the journey.
On your way back to Guatemala City you’ll spend a couple of nights in the green Caribbean, where the jungle will keep surprising you.
Guatemala City is diverse, vibrant, trendy, and, without a doubt, worth visiting. Then your trip to Guatemala will be complete.
From 3240 € p/p
on a double occupancy basis
- All the accommodations, on a double occupancy basis
- All the breakfasts
- Lunchbox and dinner during the climb of the Acatenango volcano
- One lunch with a local family
- All excursions accompanied by an English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees for the excursions included
- Transfers mentioned in the itinerary based on private transport
- 1% of the revenue will be donated to El Patojismo
- Two trees will be planted through the Trees for All CO2 compensation program
- International airfare to and from Guatemala
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Travel and/or cancellation insurance
- Any vaccinations