Sharing adventures means enjoying them 100% more.
Guatemala is the perfect destination for a shared adventure.
A 15-day trip where you’ll be pleasantly surprised by all that this colorful and warm-hearted land has to offer.
You’ll spend the first night in a comfortable hotel in Guatemala City to head to Izabal the next day. You’ll visit Quiriguá, an archeological site declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, where the biggest Mayan stela, 10.5 meters high, is found.
The green Caribbean of Izabal is reflected in its rich ecosystems, the contrast among jungle, rivers, and sea, and the unusual mix of Garífuna, Afro-Caribbean, Maya, and Ladino people and culture.
Once in Petén, your first stop will be Tikal, where you’ll live one of my favorite experiences: the awaking of the jungle. Then you’ll move to El Remate, visiting the tiny island of Flores on your way. In El Remate you’ll spend a couple of nights nestled in the rainforest, absorbing the nature surrounding you, with a sunset tour of the ancient city of Yaxhá.
Leaving the lowlands deep into the cloud forest of Las Verapaces, you’ll walk the streets of San Cristóbal Verapaz to witness the everyday life of a small Pokomchi village. The next day you’ll visit Semuc Champey, where the next adventure awaits.
On your way to Lake Atitlán, one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, you’ll stop in Sacapulas to have lunch with a local family. While enjoying the spectacular views of Lake Atitlán, you will tour on a boat to witness the living Mayan traditions, and villages full of character on the shore of the lake.
Iximché was the first capital of Guatemala. You will visit it on your way to the colonial city of Antigua Guatemala, which means “old Guatemala”. You’ll wrap up your trip in Antigua, where the picture-perfect cobblestone streets with lots of lovely places to eat and a wide variety of activities will be the perfect end to a remarkable shared adventure.
From 3225 € p/p
on a double occupancy basis
- Overnight stays in carefully selected accommodations
- All the breakfasts
- One lunch with a local family
- All excursions accompanied by an English-speaking guide
- All entrance fees for the excursions included
- Transfers mentioned in the itinerary based on private transport
- 1% of the revenue will be donated to El Patojismo
- Two trees will be planted through the Trees for All CO2 compensation program
- International airfare to and from Guatemala
- Meals not included in the itinerary
- Expenses of a personal nature
- Travel and/or cancellation insurance
- Any vaccinations